Monday, February 15, 2010

Well, crap!

I had my doctor's appointment today. I guess it could have been worse, but I like to go and get glowing reports, receive kudos, and post remarkable numbers. That's what I LIKE to do, but that isn't what happened today.

A couple of my numbers were mildly concerning. My cholesterol is up which is unusual for me because I have historical low figures in that regard. My good cholesterol is still pretty great. She told me she has maybe five patients with HDL numbers like mine. But the total is creeping up and is now over 200. Rats.

My glucose is reaching her level of tolerance. Any higher and she said we'd have to do something. What we would do, I have no idea. Perhaps amputate my mouth.

So she said that controlling my weight would probably get both numbers back down and solve other issues (indigestion, bloating). I told her that was impossible. I asked her if I could try Alli to see if that helps me, and she said "Sure!" but she recommended I start it on a weekend because I guess it makes a person poop. Sounds win/win to me!

And my big question...am I in menopause? Nope. She said I should be glad I'm not, but for some reason I just want to get it over with. She said the longer my body delays it, the longer I go without having to go on HRT. I guess that's good.

But what about the crankiness? I hate it when I can't blame things beyond my control for my own actions. That sucks. I guess I'm just cranky by nature.

I bought a purse yesterday and I love it. Isn't that kind of insane? I'm not a purse person, and I rarely care about anything purse-wise except functionality. I don't like flashy, trendy purses. Well, I shouldn't say I don't like them, I just don't covet them. I think they're cute when other people have them. So I found a very functional leather purse that looks like it would hold everything I need without being overcrowded (I hate overcrowded, jumbled purses). It isn't too dressy or fancy but would look good with a suit or with a pair of jeans. It's not slouchy because I don't like slouchy purses that just get fatter (I know it's odd to discriminate against purses when I have my own slouchy weight problems). It's a Fossil purse and it cost more than I've ever paid for a purse. And it's not even as expensive as the designer brands, but it's expensive for cheapie Mary.

I love it so much that I sat it next to me on the couch last night so I could just look at it. It made me realize why other women are purse nuts and must have lots of purses. They must feel the same way about their purses as I felt about this one. I hope this is where it ends for me because I really don't want to be a purse collector.

I'm already feeling like I could doze off tonight and it's only 7:30. Must be more of that aging stuff. Oh well. Age is just an accumulation of days in which you did not die. Not such a bad thing actually. I think I'll doze a bit and then enjoy the rest of the evening. Ta!

No comments: