I think R and I are both going deaf. Honestly, half the time when one talks the other says "Huh?" or "What?" or doesn't hear anything at all and then we question why the other isn't listening to us. I thought he had started mumbling but now I'm beginning to wonder.
This is a tough concept for me. My mother has always had excellent hearing. Too excellent, actually. I always thought I did too. Lately thought my ears have been ringing which my doctor says can be a sign of hearing loss due to aging. I wonder if she heard me when I mumbled for her to go **** herself. Okay, I really didn't mumble that. My doctor is my friend. But still I was annoyed about it.
Speaking of annoyed, I'm living in a state of pretty much constant annoyance lately. Poor R. There's not a darn thing he can do about it. I don't see it letting up until I get a little time off from work with no other obligations to clutter up my relaxing time. I'm thinking of taking a couple of days when the weather gets nice just to hang out and maybe wash windows. I know that's not usually considered relaxing, but I loves me a good clean window.
It got up to near 80 today. We've had windows and doors open and ceiling fans going. Probably should have dusted them first, but oh well. Maybe that's why I'm sneezing. Maybe that's why I'm deaf. Or maybe it's R's fault and I have every right to be annoyed.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Deaf
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment