I'm plodding along at work, still cleaning up the mess that my counterpart at the technical school has made over the past year. Every day I find more crap and I get just a little angrier. Our code word for her now is "FM" which is short for "Freaking Moron." How in the world she remains employed is beyond me. Maybe because I'm doing her work now? I guess that makes me the FM, huh?
Let's see. I'm trying to stay on track and get just a little something done around the house each evening. Since this is "Evening One" of getting on track, I can say that I am 100% successful so far. We raked and swept the brick paver patio and then hosed it off. That last part is important because during the long winter and lengthy snow cover, it was the only place that the blind and deaf pug could comfortably use to do his business. The great dane next door nearly knocked over the fence trying to get to us while we were working, but we persevered. Now when I look out my sparkling kitchen window I will see a clean patio next to the budding viburnum. And a fence that is leaning precariously.
I also did the dishes and then rewarded myself with some gourmet hot chocolate from King Arthur's. It's not really on my diet but I had a really low fat supper so I figured I had room for it. I would have found some way to justify it, even with a high fat supper.
I can fit in my skinny jeans now. My skinny jeans are probably considered fat jeans for many jeans-wearers, but still. I buy the style cut for "curvy" women, but I will proudly say that I bought a new pair a week ago and the size was (drum roll)..... a single digit. Now before you're impressed, remember that Eddie Bauer makes clothes for women and I seriously think they size their stuff in lower numbers to make women want to buy them just so they can say they bought a smaller size. Plus I'm short so my single digit jeans look like double digits on a taller person because of that lovely phenomenon called proportion. But I'll take the little victories where and when they are presented.
Did I tell you my new favorite author? Of course I'll always love David Sedaris because he makes me laugh until my stomach hurts. But if you can read something by Haven Kimmel, do it. Especially her autobiographical stuff. Actually I haven't read any of her novels, but I intend to.
I have my laptop back. The teeny tiny notebook was fun but I wouldn't want to use it all of the time. A. I would go blind. B. I would get annoyed at having to scroll all of the time because the screen is so small. C. The keyboard is tiny too so the typing errors are abundant. Still, it's handy and dang cute and the battery life is great. Can't wait to have a day off so I can sit in the coffee house/sandwich shop and play on the computer while I eat lunch. I intend to be the envy of all the poor saps who are working that day.
Like me.
My next day off is April 28. I am hosting bunco that night so I took the day off. I'll be cleaning and cooking and enjoying a little solitude. Can't wait.
Nuff for now.
Monday, April 19, 2010
FM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment