Sunday, June 19, 2011

Don't know much about....

....nothin'.  We had a nice, quiet weekend and were able to take it easy today for R's Father's Day.  We shopped a little, ate out some, and rested some.  Since we cleaned house yesterday for hosting dominoes last night, there wasn't that much to do today.  We tried to enjoy the down time.

I'm watching the tail end of a 60 Minutes report on people with remarkable, photographic memories and I'm a little bummed.  My own memory has been fuzzy and struggling lately, and I'd love to have a reason for it.  I blame a lot of it on multitasking.  It's hard to listen and remember when you are listening while watching, reading, checking, texting, surfing, or any number of other tasks.
 
I've heard that menopause can play tricks with your memory or at least the ability to retrieve memories and I find some comfort in that.  I'd much rather blame the problem on a physiological, temporary condition than admit that it may just be the way I am going to be.  I also blame it on lack of sleep which can also be menopause related.  Even so, I just told R today when we saw a sign for a a shop that deals with the problems of menopause (Really?  An entire shop?) that I thought it was kind of silly and it was probably better for a woman to just go through the process and get it over with.  Spoken like a woman who hasn't encountered much problem with the process up to this point, not counting lack of sleep and poor memory.

I am very suggestible, so now I'm sleepy.  Maybe a little nap will help....

No comments: