Sunday, October 16, 2011

Flexible

We had a very busy weekend, and were probably over scheduled, but it ended up different than we planned with flexibility the key.  On Saturday I was up early having breakfast with my mother and sister, then we had a birthday party for a friend's grandson late morning.  A home football game, then a wedding and reception, ending with a night of dominoes.  Good grief!

All went pretty well according to schedule until the dominoes hostess called and told us her husband was sick with the pukin' flu.  Then the other couple for dominoes called to see if we wanted to go to dinner since the game was canceled.  Sounds good.  We went to the birthday party for about an hour, dropping off a gift and grabbing a burger.  R was planning on going to the game with our son and grandson, and they left around 12:30.  The 3-year-old grandson made it through the first half, so I met them at the campus to take him home with me.  He got to play with toys and the big boys got to watch other big boys play ball. 

After they got home and I found out that my daughter-in-law was having some contractions and the doctor told her on Friday that the baby could arrive within the week.  Since we didn't have dominoes we offered to keep the 3-year-old overnight so his folks could rest up.  My son left, we went to the wedding reception (it was in a barn -- really cool!), then picked up our friends for dinner out.  Our grandson entertained us all with his chatter and we had a good evening.  But man were we pooped when we got home!

Today we took the grandson home, then stopped in a nearby town to check out a fabric store that had fleece on sale.  Most of it wasn't very good fleece (the printing on it was fuzzy and not of great quality) but we found a couple of cute pieces.  I also found a straight edge long enough for my cutting mat.  I'm turning into a pro here.  Then we got home and R went to the grocery store, I worked on a contract job in my office.  We also managed laundry and a little bit of straightening up. 

So why the heck aren't weekends three days long?  Two days is just primitive.  I have too much going on in my life to catch it all up in 48 hours, and you would think the good people at the university would recognize that. 


No comments: