Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cookie baker

I got some cookies made this weekend, which makes me feel accomplished.  I made some almond biscotti which is my new favorite cookie, some coffee house cookies (Google it and copy the recipe from "splitcoaststampers"), and some pfefferneusse.  I got a little lazy with the peppernuts and didn't separate them on the pan like I should have, so they clumped up a little.  I broke them apart after they cooled.  Not pretty but still good.  I also was out of the dark corn syrup the recipe called for, so I used light corn syrup and molasses. The flavor was richer, kind of like a ginger snap.

I made a pot of chicken noodle soup today too, because we are expecting snow and ice in the next day or two.  I finished addressing our Christmas cards and now all I have to do is write notes in them.  I finished laundry and all but a little bit of our shopping.  I caught up bookwork (mostly) and bagged up some old clothes for Goodwill.  I didn't really clean anything but I guess that will wait a week.

We have our holiday open house for our building at work tomorrow, hence the biscotti.  I also have an eye doctor appointment which I made because I have to raise up my glasses and look through the very bottom of my lenses to see anymore.  I still like my frames, so if I only get new lenses I should get off cheap.  Of course, it would have been cheaper if I had remembered to do this before my deductible rolled on November 1, but whatever.  I have a haircut scheduled for Friday which means I'll be a new woman when 2012 begins.

You know what I've been thinking I'd like to try?  Jane Fonda has a new exercise video out for more mature audiences and I think it would be helpful in keeping me stretched and limber.  I used to do her videos years ago when they first came out, and I liked them.  Can't say I really like Jane Fonda that much, but she does okay on her exercise videos.  Or at least she used to.

Exercise is becoming important, especially when I spend a day baking cookies.  Last week was a dieter's nightmare, and it doesn't look to get any better any time soon.  I hate exercise, but my joints are aching so I'm thinking I need to keep them stretched before I lose any more flexibility.  Of course, eating fewer cookies and not spending the evenings lying on the couch wouldn't hurt either.

I'm pooping out and I think crawling into a warm bed sounds good.  G'nite!

No comments: