Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm hungry!

R and I are supposed to go to dinner tonight, but he isn't home yet. I should be patient about it (and I will try to be) because he has been waiting on me every night for the past two months. But still, I'm hungry. So chop chop.

Oh good! He just drove up. Now he just needs to take his shower and then we can go. I have no idea where we plan to go or how long we intend to wait for dinner (fast or slow food) but I'll go along. Still, he needs to chop chop.

Work started out hard this morning but If figured out a couple of things that made me feel better by the end of the day. They were very, very small things, but I'm still going to let them make me feel better. I figured out a couple of collections accounts that our Collections Specialist couldn't reconcile. I set up a couple of detail codes for the first time. I fixed a couple of accounts that were messed up by incorrectly depositing funds. Boring stuff.

We're going to go out shopping a little tonight. We have dominoes here on Saturday and we'll be celebrating a couple of birthdays while we're at it. Plus I just need to get out and walk around a little, and not stare at a screen (what the heck am I doing now? Doh!).

The snow is nearly all gone and the thirsty grass looks a little fresher. I'm not sure there is any better moisture for grass and plants than a good, deep snowfall. The farmers like it for the fields, but they also need a gully-washer to refill the ponds. In fact, they need a couple of those.

I really wish I had time to garden this Spring, but I know I won't. That may be something I'll just have to look forward to when I retire, huh? Or maybe when my life returns to semi-normal, I could schedule a week or so off next Spring to use for cleaning out flower beds, planting, pruning, and other yard chores. Wouldn't that be fun? A girl can dream. Actually, by next year, I'll have even more vacation than I do now and I have trouble using up my current allotment. What a problem to have!

Guess that's it. R is in the shower and I've been hollering at him to hurry it the heck up. Guess I should be ready when he's done.

No comments: