Saturday, March 23, 2013

Stuff to do

I worked in my home office all morning and got our personal books, shop books, contract client books, and son's tax return done. I still need to finish our personal tax return (nearly done) and then tackle the briefcase full of work I brought home. This afternoon I couldn't stomach any more accounting so I made a batch of coffee house cookies and then some spinach rolls for supper. It was refreshing to cook a little. I miss it.

R has been doing all of the cooking so when I have a little time I try to make something he can't make for us. The spinach rolls recipe is from our Cooking Light cookbook and is a little complicated but delish. Of course, I think anything that takes two pans and a blender is complicated.

I also started laundry but since it was Spring break at work I wore jeans all week. That means my laundry was light. Since taking the new job I've been getting my outfits ready on the weekend to save time during the week, so I put some pieces together and iron what needs ironing. I have to do that for the upcoming week but my dress clothes are already clean.

I told the director that we have to get moving on filling my old position. I told him this January nearly killed me and if we don't make some headway, August will finish the job. He agreed, but he's out of town most of this week and the next so yet another delay. The good news? If I was going to develop an addiction I believe it would have happened by now. And I'm getting supplemental pay on top of my new salary.

It's snowing and it has been most of the day, but it's not sticking very well. It's supposed to accumulate tonight but I'm not in the mood to deal with it so it had better be gone by the time I need to. Man, I must be cranky. Now I'm threatening the snow.

We got to see the out of town grandkids this week and that was like a tonic. We'll see them again next weekend which is my incentive to catch up on everything this weekend. We'll see all five of the little ones so the joint will be jumping. A neighbor of ours saw their last group photo and told me we have the most beautiful grandkids. No argument there.

I am getting new glasses this week and have a meeting set up with a carpenter to repair some of our windows and a few other things. I want Spring to show up too. Chop chop.

No comments: