I've spent so much time lately sitting behind a desk, staring at a computer screen, bending my brain in directions to which I am unaccustomed, that hosting bunco last week was a welcome respite. The cleaning and cooking required to prepare to host 11 women (of approximately my age) is a huge undertaking, but I felt so REWARDED! So much of what I'm doing now at work is incomplete and neverending even if I was caught up. I guess the same could be said of house cleaning, but seeing a clean floor, shiny tile, and smelling nothing but freshness is so satisfying. I literally did not rest the entire day that I took off from work, and I felt better than I have in months. When I get in a good place at work I am going to try to take a day off every month just to cleanse and refresh my brain....and house.
Today I got up early and painted some more of the outside of the house. I love the way it looks when it's finished, so the incentive is strong. Time is short, but incentive is strong. I also worked in the flower beds a little bit, pulling weeds (first time this year), tidying up to host R's family on the 4th. Plus I did some laundry. The house was still clean from bunco so I didn't have to do much there.
I know I'm going to hurt from head to toe tomorrow from all of the physical labor I've done today. I'm so out of practice, but when I'm working I don't even think about it. I'm a woman on a mission. Stay out of my way!
Gad, now that I've sat down, even my toenails hurt. I may have to take an epsom salts bath. I have to go run end of day processes for work, since it's the end of the fiscal year. Better do that first or I'll get too mellow in the bath and forget. And off I go...
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Physical
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment