Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brain clutter

I've had too much in my brain the past few days, making it hard to sleep and relax. My eye twitch even made an unwelcome appearance after years of staying away. I know there were some gems in among my thoughts that I intended to expand and elaborate into Pulitzer-worthy posts, but the idea nuggets dropped out during the twitching.

Gotta say that I'm making headway on a particularly challenging reconciliation after several days of work. The former boss had pretty much ignored it and made no journal entries whatsoever which left me with 12 months of work to complete. I worked this morning and I'll work tomorrow, hoping to wrap it up so I can move on to something else. In spite of this, I'm feeling pretty good about it and am beginning to understand the accounting behind it. Mostly by error and some by trial, but I'm getting there.

All of the kids and grandkids were here for the 4th, and R's siblings and extended family too. It was fun and I hope all had a good time. No neighborhood on earth has a better parade than ours. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.

We ordered new grates for our grill for the event because it was just too rusty and nasty. Tonight I bought some black high-heat paint to touch up the outside of the grill where the paint is flaking. We installed the grill several years ago when the one that was here when we bought the house fell over. It had a little help...from my butt...when I bumped into it while pushing a wheelbarrow full of fireplace wood, but clearly it was rusted through and it was lucky it didn't fall over while in use. Could have ruined a good steak.

We're still waiting on the window repairs and replacements to begin, and I know I'll like it. I hate our front picture window so much, so I will not be sorry to see it go. Being able to open a window in there will be such a treat. Being able to see out of the window will be a bonus.

R finished up another stretch of basement wall, so that long-term project continues. Now that the section is complete, we moved the weight bench to the area for a little work-out space. Of course, the only equipment we have is the weight bench and I think I have some bands somewhere, but still. If you squint and ignore the pantry storage, it could be called an exercise room.

Okay, that's enough clutter offloaded for now. Believe me, the good stuff would have killed.

No comments: