Our newest little guy has had a few hurdles to overcome in his short time here, and he'll be fine in the end but it will be a bit before he's through the hard part. He was born with craniosynostosis which is the premature fusing of his skull. He'll have surgery in a few weeks to release the fused area and then will wear a helmet for several months to help shape and protect his head. We are so grateful to have an excellent children's hospital nearby, grateful my daughter works there and my son did his residency there so we know our little one will be in good hands, and also grateful there is a solution to his condition that will solve it. It is strange to be grateful and anxious at the same time, but that's where I am. I'm trying to focus on the positive and on the end result, and just handle the rest the best I can.
I did ask my Mom to say a little novena from her heavenly vantage point. I'm sure I didn't even have to ask.
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Grandson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment