Ha! You thought this post was going to be me talking about easily hurt feelings but no, it's about me being a person who bruises for little reason. Lately I am even more fragile-skinned. It's very old lady-ish, really, but it doesn't stop me from digging in and doing things that end up turning me purple.
A few years back my doctor recommended I take a baby aspirin every day. Knowing my propensity to bruise, I decided on my own that every other day was probably enough. After a few months, I decided again that I am not someone who should take any baby aspirin because I was bruising even easier than (my) normal. I'm sure that was a good move.
Today when we were working outside, I either bumped my knee or I knelt and broke a blood vessel in it. It hurt when I did it and tonight there was a deep purple bruise there the size of a quarter. When my youngest grandson grabs my upper arms and pinches as babies often do, I get pale little finger tip bruises in a row. Every once in a while I'll spot a little bruise on a celebrity's arm or thigh and I think it looks odd and out of place, probably because the rest of their bodies are so flawless. I can't wear a pair of capri pants without having at least two bruises showing on my calves, but I don't think much of it because I can't remember the last time my calves were bruise-free.
This afternoon I made a batch of crack pretzels (spicy, seasoned little niblets that are immediately addictive) and I also whipped up a batch of no bakes to take to dinner at our son's house. I noticed the crock that holds utensils on my counter was kind of sticky with a thin film of oily dirt on the outside, so I emptied the utensils on the counter in order to wash the crock. While doing so, I dropped an old pair of green-handled kitchen shears that had been my mother's and they landed directly on the top of my foot. Fortunately, the tip was up, handles down, but it hurt like heck. Tonight it's swollen and a little green, but at least it's not purple. Yet.
A wiser woman would learn to leave well enough alone (dirty crocks) and avoid further injury by remembering she is butterfingered. Not only am I thin skinned, but I'm bone-headed and clumsy.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Thin skinned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment