I'm back home today after a conference out of town that began on Monday. I know people love to go to conferences and training but I found the days long and exhausting. It wasn't very far from home and I was able to spend two nights with the grandkids as opposed to a hotel room (you're welcome, University) but my own bed and routine will feel awfully good tonight. I learned a few things, found that other people and jobs are a lot like mine, and that I'm not as clueless as I thought. In fact, given the length of time I've been in this job I'm pretty up to speed.
The weather turned brutal cold today and I couldn't warm up. I got home in the afternoon and went straight to take a hot bath. R was home from his 5:00 to 2:00 shift so that was nice to see him so early in the day. We had Chicken Verde soup for supper (left from Sunday) and man oh man was it delicious. I ate soup, dozed on the couch, and am now typing to avoid reading the last few pages of the assignment for my leadership class.
I had a free hour today at the conference and spent some time in a couple of nearby shops. I can't pass up a kitchen gadget store to save my soul. Bought myself a pretty mug (that I don't need) for tea. It's extra large and lovely and if that makes my mornings brighter it's worth it. Man oh man I love my morning tea. I even travel with my teabags because I worry there may not be any at my destination. More often than not there are teabags, but when there aren't any then getting hot water is a bigger challenge.
I'm such a creature of habit. I take comfort in my little things (tea in a pretty mug) and my routines (breakfast and the newspaper before I take my walk). My daughter made me comfy and bought me whole wheat English muffins to start my mornings. I felt very indulged.
I'm pooping out as I write this. Clearly, I've got nothing but sleep on my mind.....
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Wiped out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment