This has been my year to have broken things fixed. I had my right cornea resurfaced and then cataract surgery on both eyes. I'll have a final tweak to the cornea surgery next week with a laser that will blast out the cloudiness in my old lens sack. I had my Morton's neuroma removed so I can walk without (much) pain. It's still healing and I'm really optimistic because it's doing so much better. In a few weeks, I'll have a large, raised mole removed from my right cheek. I swear if I could get an medically necessary eye job, I'd do it.
I figured I'm turning 60 so I need a tune up. I've got to get another 30 years out of this body so I'd better take care of it. We stepped up our walking so we walk most evenings in addition to mornings, although it's definitely related to how comfortable the weather is. We bought an exercise bike for those days when we can't walk in the morning. It works both the arms and legs and I must admit it wears me the heck out.
I've met my deductible and my co-pay, so that's why I'm getting things done. I was trying to figure out why we didn't have any money left over after bills are paid and it turns out we've spent around $5,500 since the beginning of the year. R finally got his old front cap fixed and will go in next week to have an implant where he lost a tooth several years ago. He has also lost 30 to 35 pounds so he's also on the road to improvement. I'm gaining weight but don't care as much about that as I used to. I'm turning 60 after all.
We worked outside today tidying up the yard and hope to go to Sonic later tonight to enjoy a diet soda and the beautiful weather. What a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment