What is it called when you get that tickle/burning in the back of your throat that signals a cold might be on its way? Is there a name for it? Is there a medical term?
I had the tickle show up today, and I refuse to give. I drank liquids all day at work and fixed my sure-fire remedy, hot tea with cran-raspberry juice when I got home. I should have made a hot toddy but I didn't think about it. I did take a hot bath and I put Banalg on my chest. If you don't know about Banalg, it's kind of a liniment I think. It's really for muscle aches and pains but it has lots of menthol and generates heat. Like Vicks in a lotion. Not greasy.
My office has had casualties to illness for the past couple of weeks. We rarely have anyone out sick, but ever since the BB (Big Boss) came to work with what I really think was influenza, the soldiers have been falling. We had two people out today. When he was working sick, he thought he was showing us how to tough it out. I thought he was being stupid and infecting the rest of us. Hmm.
He likes to complain when people are off work for illness. He reminds me that he is rarely sick and if he is, he usually manages to come to work. He wants me to be impressed with his work ethic, but I'm really just appalled at his lack of consideration for the rest of us. And even though the rest of the office getting sick is clearly the result of his stupidity, he'll still be annoyed at anyone who doesn't show up.
Oh well. Enough of that.
I had a weird dream last night. I've got a big job coming up on Friday where we're adding hard drive space to our server. In my dream, the tech and I were working on it, but it was in my basement instead of at my office. Somehow it got tipped over and one of the legs (which it doesn't really have) on the server broke. I went looking for some super glue to see if I could fix it. A small part of the electronics inside the server was exposed, but it still ran. I went upstairs to get the glue but my dogs and one of my firm's partners were at the top of the stairs. It was crowded and I just wanted them to get out of my way while I was trying to work.
Later, I was sent on errands for the BB. I had to go downtown and buy him some sandals. He wanted crisscross straps and they needed to be brown leather. He said he wore a men's size 15. I was sent to a downtown shop that is actually a camera and photo store, but I found them in a display near the front door. Then I realized I didn't know his width so I called him from my cell. He said he wore a B. Picture it -- a size 15 B sandal! Ridiculously long and skinny!
I'm not intuitive about dreams. All I know is I had to work awfully hard all night -- all for other people.
I should put my hours down on my time sheet.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Tickle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment