Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Death's door

Well, not really death's door, but I do feel like crap-o-la. The tickle that I talked about last post hung around for several days, but I thought I was going to beat it with my hot tea and liquid remedy. Then I had to work late, work on a weekend, work in the middle of the night because that was the only time I had to do R's books, and I got run down. That was the opening it needed and by Sunday the full-blown, deep cough, sore throat, and aching everything had arrived.

I stayed home from work Monday but went in today. One of the problems with being an accountant is the end of the month, beginning of the month, paydays, and certain dates in the year are very important, busy, and not easily put off. I had half a dozen people waiting on me to distribute annuity payments from our trust account, and I don't like to make them wait too long. It's what some of them live on.

I was all ready to shoot from the hip if the BB made a comment about yet another employee (me) using sick leave. He must have sensed my supreme annoyance with him because he laid low and when I did see him, he didn't mention it. I seriously toyed with licking my hands and touching the doorknobs and copy machine buttons just to spread the joy even further. That's a sicko talking, mentally and physically, but I want him to realize the consequences of his "tough it out" mentality since this all started with him.

The g-kids and J are also here for a couple of days which keeps me from wallowing as much as I would normally do. And waking up to beautiful smiling faces puts a smile on my own face.

That's all. I'm going to go hang out in death's doorway for a while. I'll be back when I feel better.

No comments: