Saturday, September 13, 2008

Digestion

I'm so full right now it's hard to breathe. We ate out with my sister and her husband and even though I ate a chicken wrap, it came with fries which I have never turned down or substituted in my life. And before I could get that digested we ended up back here and my sister was checking to see if our black pug could indeed spell "popcorn" and of course she can. Well, she can't say it but she can recognize it so R ended up making popcorn because once that train has left the station there's no turning back.

I was up with the little ones a couple of times last night but it was really only because I forgot that sometime the 19-month old wakes up and hollers occasionally but quiets down right away. It's almost like she calls out in her sleep. Instead of waiting to see what happened, I got up each time to calm her but she would more than likely have been fine if I didn't. In going to check on her the 3-year old saw me and then began visiting. He was speaking in a normal voice while I'm trying to get his sister back to sleep and it was a challenge to get him to whisper. Finally I ended up in bed with him just to save me the walk across the hall again. Then I realized he had a fever but when I asked him if he felt okay he said yes. But I worried about it and kept checking him through the night. Let's face it -- I'm a WAY more attentive and worrisome grandmother than I was a mother. I wonder why that is?

I did get a nap though and got R's work caught up today. I also started laundry (gotta go move a load over here in a sec) so I'm pretty accomplished. I also cut R's hair and picked up the house a bit.

I've got a Time magazine (more like a large pamphlet now) to read so I'll wrap up. I'm also within pages of finishing David Sedaris' book which will make me sad because I hate to see a good book end. I wonder how quickly he can put out another one? Get on it David.

And I've got some digesting to do.

No comments: