Well, last we spoke, I was feeling bad because I had advised my former employer that I would be charging consultant fees after October 1 and they were reacting to that little bit of news in their usual way. Yesterday I got a call, asking (begging) for my help and my expertise and my time and agreed to pay the full rate for it, even before October 1. So I said okay, went in there tonight and worked 2.25 hours, and will send them a hefty invoice for it. I don't like not going home after work, but a nice hourly rate makes it palatable. Tasty!
It's interesting because what I did for them tonight was computer work, not accounting. That was a nice little bit of knowledge to pick up just by observation over the past few years, wasn't it? In fact, at work today (at the new job) I helped a co-worker map a network drive. She had put in a call to IT and tried to do it over the phone but couldn't get it to work until I came to the rescue. It's not a hard process at all (in fact it's pretty basic), but if you don't know anything about networks you wouldn't know it.
I'm enjoying "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" tonight. Seems like forever since I've seen them. R says "30 Rock" will be on later too. Seems like old times.
I need to rest my eyes. Get to see my kids tomorrow which is the best medicine. Well, that and laughter.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
It pays (cash money) to speak up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment