Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hmmm

I don't have much to write about. We had a great dinner out with daughter and hubby last night and got plenty of hugs and kisses from g-kids who stayed here with their uncle. We'll see them again tomorrow night which starts our weekend off with a bang. We are so looking forward!

I had a good day at work with the students. I made a couple of them happy which is rewarding. It was funny because one of them was being informed about his account by my boss and the information wasn't clear. My boss is a notoriously poor communicator. The student, an athlete was getting agitated and in frustration my boss called me over. I spoke with the student, and he understood what was going on. Then he left happy. I'd like to think it was my charm, but I think it was just that I wasn't my boss.

The weather was insanely gorgeous today. When I got home from work I sat on the deck drinking my iced tea. When we finished supper we took a walk. It's not a moment too soon because my clothes have been uncomfortably tight for the past week. In order to move forward with my plan to be paying attention to my diet, I polished off the rest of the malted milk Easter eggs today. Then when I got home from work, I ended the peanut M&M's. The sacrifices I make.

My orchid's stalk is now sporting buds. It should bloom sometime soon.

I could watch Alec Baldwin in anything. I think he's hysterical. I fell in love with him in "The Hunt for Red October" even though Sean Connery was in the same movie and I used to think he was it.

I could watch Tina Fey in anything. I really need to rent "Baby Mama" to get up to speed. It's on my list.

I had more work come through from the old office tonight. I'm barely disguising my disdain for my replacement now. It's hard to type words of encouragement when you're thinking "Dumbass!" She is in way over her head, she knows it, she hates her job and her co-workers, and yet she stays.

I'm done. Lots of nothing.

No comments: