Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good news and bad news

The good news is my health screening told me my glucose, triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure were all good. My good cholesterol was really good, making a good ratio of total to good cholesterol. My triglycerides were so low they just said < 50. I felt good about that.

The bad news is my health screening also measured BMI and body fat percentage. Sigh. I've been at the top of the recommended range for a while, but now I'm over that. Dang. Guess it's time to get busy.

The good news is that I still can come up with some good numbers in spite of extra pounds. And I'm just a skosh over the recommended range. So getting back to a skosh under isn't impossible, doesn't involve anything too drastic, and is easier to accomplish from this point than it would be from another ten pounds up.

You know the trouble with being short? Five or ten pounds on a short frame is like twenty or twenty five pounds on a taller frame. So it doesn't take much to make me look like I've got a ot to lose. Flip side: it doesn't take much to lose to make it look like I've lost a lot.

Now if I could just do that.

No comments: