We have had a busy few days with my birthday, my mom's birthday party, my daughter coming in for a visit with her kids, and my son in town today for a meeting. We went to dinner tonight, I ate enough chips and salsa to make myself uncomfortable, and we topped it off with a trip to Starbucks where I picked up a Signature Hot Chocolate. Damn. That sucker was good.
I've been going ninety-to-nothing for I don't know how long now. I wake up tired, get home from work tired, and go to bed tired. Then I don't sleep well enough to break the cycle. I seriously need a day of vacation but I'm too busy. I would like to take off Sunday this weekend, but I had two contract clients drop off work this week so I'm already behind.
I may need another hot chocolate. I may need two.
Here is what was so good about it. The chocolate was semi-sweet, not sugary like some hot chocolates. It tasted like a dark chocolate, slightly bittersweet candy bar, not like a milk chocolate. It was the right temperature. I got the "tall" size (small size -- so dumb) which was the right amount. Now I'm going to pine away until I get another one.
I love finding new things to love. Indulgent things. It's like when I discovered chai tea. Dang that stuff's good. Chai tea is why I didn't know Starbucks had good hot chocolate. I never tried it because I was busy drinking the chai tea.
I had a nice surprise today. I had to sit in on a little conference my boss put together so I could help them discuss and understand third party payers. I'm the resident expert. When I got there, after walking across a chilly campus and seating myself in an ice cold conference room, he told me there was hot water available for tea. I was thrilled! Rarely do I find tea available at meetings because so many people drink coffee. I thought it was a nice touch.
The weather is cold and really wet today. The only good thing about that is hot tea and hot chocolate. And hot chocolate cures anything.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Hot chocolate cures anything
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment