Saturday, January 2, 2010

Recovery

I'm doing okay after the extraction. My jaw is a little swollen but the pain isn't bad, certainly not compared to the pre-extraction pain I was experiencing. I'm equipped with some reasonable pain meds but am using the milder one more than the Vicodin. I'm not eating chips and salsa yet, but I did work on a Chipotle Burrito Bol today (slowly and only on my right side) that REALLY hit the spot. I swear I could eat their chicken at every meal.

The weather is unforgivingly cold. Our thermometer said 3.2 degrees this morning, which I first read as 32 degrees. It's just friggin' cold. We went to the mall to walk around because I'm feeling housebound. Of course I ran into someone I used to work with since I had a swollen jaw, little makeup, and unwashed hair held back with a cheesy barrette. And old lady snow boots. It also snowed some more today but the joy of shoveling has worn thin. I may or may not try to do a little tomorrow, but I really do have to take it a bit easy what with my recent surgical procedure and all.

The baby afghan (for my newest little grandchild-in-waiting) is coming along. I am in love with the color and the yarn. I'm picturing the baby wrapped in it which is exciting and fun. My daughter has beautiful babies. Really! I'm not just saying that!

The yarn I'm using is my new favorite yarn I think which will make me want to make something else. R's niece is expecting around the same time so I think I'll make another afghan for her baby. I am SO glad I got the yarn before the weather got bad because it's been a lifesaver as the weather and my tooth caused me to hole up here in the house.

I wish we had a movie to stick in tonight. Is it Spring yet? I'm tired of the cold, the snow, the darkness, but January 2, 2010 is a little early to be tired of it all. Maybe it will seem brighter and better when I head back to work on Monday. Whew! I never thought I'd say THAT!

No comments: