Sunday, January 31, 2010

Whadda week!

Dang, I'm running on fumes this week. It was the final week of a very busy month at work where I would go in early, take a shortened lunch, and leave late. Then I'd go home and fall asleep, often in bed by 8:30, so I could get up and do it again at 5:30 the next morning.

On Wednesday, I got a call at work that my mother was being taken to the ER by ambulance. She fell at the mall when shopping with a friend. I had to leave in a hurry and leave my boss to do the processes I run each night at the end of the work day. Trouble is, he's bad at it. He's also in too big a hurry and misses the stuff we're supposed to catch and fix. And he ran the wrong report to start the whole thing so he basically left out a very important step.

It sucks being the only one in the office who can do the job, because it makes me hesitant to take off work.

My mom had a dislocated shoulder and a shiner, both of which they tended to in the ER. We took her home after about four hours and my sister stayed overnight with her for two nights because she was still a little wobbly. I am eternally grateful to my sister because I honestly had no time to help out this week. I need to tell mom not to fall in January or August.

It was also the end of the month so I had R's work to wrap up and statements to get in the mail. There were also bills to pay for home and the shop and also get into the mail. We had grandkid visits too but those just made up for the stress of the week. Oh yes, I also have a cookie order to fill, but thankfully it's just no-bakes.

So what am I doing? Blogging of course. Perhaps I have issues with prioritizing....

I did one thing today I am proud of. I tidied up my junk drawer. It had reached the point where I couldn't close it, so I organized, sorted, tossed, and washed. Admit it -- you're green with envy.

No comments: