Thursday, March 25, 2010

I've been running on fumes this week, much like I have been the past several weeks. Work is crazy busy since I'm working two jobs in one and tackling project after project that gets tossed my way. I was thinking about what I do for a living and decided that I really like it and am really good at it which I guess makes it easier to accept the fact that I'm exhausted. It's better to be exhausted doing something you enjoy than something you hate, right? Still, I'm freakin' tired.

I think part of my exhaustion is that I'm still trying to solve the old stuff that was dumped on my lap from the technical school. It's challenging but really, really hard and often frustrating. Yesterday, I told a co-worker that our counterpart at the technical school was dumber than a box of turds. Not very professional or accountant-like of me, but it got a laugh. Looks like I could be at the clean up task for quite a while, maybe even a couple of more months. I'm hoping to get as much done as I can before the fiscal year end on June 30.

My nickname at work now is "Rock." It's because I rock at solving the mess I've been given. My boss's boss called me that. My buddy's nickname is "Boo" because whenever I solve something, she says, "Boo-Yah!"

Tomorrow night after work we're having a margarita night for some of us from the office. I am driving the Party Van (our 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with dual sliding doors) so I'm the DD. My challenge will be to not over-indulge in the meal we'll have and subsequent bar food. I have lost about 5 pounds but seem to be stuck. Still, my pants are getting baggy (relatively speaking).

Not much else. Work. Tired. Diet. It appears all of my posts have the same theme, huh? I can't wait to include gardening and outdoor stuff. I'd love to get going on some projects around the house. We've got a call in to a new carpenter to look at repairing rot on some windowsills on the outside of our house. It will make me feel much better when they get fixed. We've been after our carpenter for over a year with no luck so we finally had to pull the plug on him. Too bad, but I guess it's about time. We've decided that our back yard is now mostly shade so the flower beds need to be revamped to reflect that since the stuff that needs sun is pretty scraggly. And pale.

Guess that's it. I'd better go clean something or at least get out of work clothes.

No comments: