I'm a little overwhelmed and a little lost with all that has happened lately. R's brother died last Friday after a swift decline. It's been a whirlwind of family, things to do, visits, and activity for the past several days. I always said that the purpose of funerals is to keep a person so busy with preparations they don't have time to focus on much else.
R spent the last few evenings at his brother's bedside which made me very proud of him. He took good care of him and was so helpful.
I took off Monday but was back at work today. I was so tired after a really rough night's sleep which was affected by a cough that R picked up either from a virus or from cigarette smoke overexposure. He had to get out of bed and sleep on the couch with his head elevated to get some rest. Unfortunately when he got up, I lost my night-time heat source and I couldn't warm up the rest of the night.
Tonight we went to his sisters' friend's house for another family gathering. We left early so I could get in a hot bath (I'm still trying to get warm I think) and then I'll head for bed. In fact, I'm so tired I'm going now. More later.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Lost a little
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment