Monday, March 8, 2010

Too bad.....so sad

I am so sad. Yesterday when R went out to get the paper, he discovered our garage door was open and my lovely, blue bike was gone. Our garage is attached to our house but there is no access to the inside so the good news is no one was able to gain entry with our beautiful grandkids sleeping soundly upstairs.

We think someone drove down our street with a remote that opened our door. We didn't leave it open and although my car was in the driveway, it was locked with the remote inside. At least no forced entry, huh?

I know it's silly, but I loved that bike. It fit me perfectly, and rode like a dream. I'm not a cyclist by any stretch, so I only needed a simple bike that didn't wear me out. It fit the bill. It was the most beautiful shade of blue you ever saw. My butt didn't hurt after riding. I could reach the pedals and also reach the ground when I stopped. When we bought it, we shopped all over to find a bike that fit me. We ended up getting it at a bike shop and paying more than we've probably paid for all of the bikes we've purchased in our married life put together. It was perfect.

It was also kind of old lady-ish. I told the cop who came to our house that if they saw anyone under 50 riding it, they would know something was up. It was not built for speed or looks. It was built for me.

Sigh.

Oh well. R called the bike shop and it sounds like they have another one if we want it. I'm going to spend a little time mourning first. I hope they treat her well, wherever she ends up.

No comments: