Thursday, April 22, 2010

Comfort zone

I stepped out of my comfort zone a little today. I actually drove to KC, found my way to the church where a friend's father's funeral was held, and found my way back home. By myself. In the driving rain.

I went to work early and then left to hit the road. It took me probably 20 minutes more than I thought it would because of the rain, and I walked in right after the services began. I was back at work by 2:00. And it did it all in heels (high ones).

I almost turned back at one point because the rain was so hard I couldn't see much. I figured if I didn't know where I was going, I couldn't be expected to find it when I couldn't see the signs. But I hung in there and did it.

Do I feel accomplished? Not really. I'm glad I went, but man am I glad I don't drive much. I hate it!

My feet hurt and I need a nap. Bye.

No comments: