Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Teeny Tiny Notebook

It's dumb, but R and I decided we needed another computer in the house, so we bought him a teeny tiny notebook computer. I'm typing on it now (clumsily). It's for him to use because he is embarking on what for him is a moon landing, Mt. Everest climbing, English channel swimming type adventure. He is going to get on the INTERNET.

Specifically, he will have his own e-mail address which he can use to correspond with his family and his children and me, if for some reason I'm either not speaking to him or not in the same room.

We bought him a teeny tiny notebook so we can then pack it when we travel, take it to McDonald's when we eat breakfast there on Saturday mornings, and generally have some fun with it. My laptop is kind of bulky and heavy and also has stuff on it that I don't want to travel with. This little beauty is for internet and e-mail checking.

We paid about a tenth of what we paid for our first computer, and it is about a hundred times better. Gotta love technological advances, huh? The keyboard is tiny and a little tough to use, especially with R's sausage fingers, but this is for convenience -- not report writing.

It was a silly thing to buy, but we did it anyway. He wanted it for Father's Day and his birthday so I'm done shopping for those events (as if I ever really do anyway). I watched last week's episode of Modern Family on it a while ago.

I guess I should let him have it for a while, huh?

No comments: