I managed to get a few things done today that had been nagging at my psyche. I washed my kitchen windows, my dining room curtains, and the curtain on our patio door. It's a little pathetic that these tasks were nagging at my psyche, but what soothes us can't always be helped.
My back yard is in one of its prime months of the year, a time when I love to look out and see what is blooming, growing, or simply poking up out of the ground. Now I can look out through clear, sparkling glass, wavy and imperfect, just in time to see the viburnum blooms forming.
My dining room curtains (four windows) are all cafe style in white cotton with crocheted detail on the bottom. Today they were all washed, ironed and rehung and the window sills were vacuumed and wiped out. If we want to open a window in there we won't have dust and dirt blowing into the house and onto my clean white curtains.
Our patio door has simple linen/cotton blend curtains that are usually pulled to one side so we can see into the back yard. I know I've washed them at least once, but they simply don't show dirt so I'm not as diligent with them. I washed and ironed them and they look nice and fresh. I'll clean the patio door glass some day this week. That will make all of my views into the backyard clear and fresh.
Ahhhhh.
I had some contract work to do today and I got it done. That was a load off. I also got the deck hosed off, washing away the record-setting amounts of pollen that the trees and flowers have been generating this year. The deck actually looked green before I washed it. There is still a lot of yard work to do, and I'm hoping to get a little done each evening since we have some light to work with now. It looks like everything we planted and transplanted last week survived. Still, there's lots more to do.
I think I'll take a hot bath before I go to bed, which is another way I soothe myself. Plus, I'm either getting arthritic or old, and I just need it.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sparkle city
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment