I found time this afternoon for a nap. I went up to bed, lowered the shades, crawled under the comforter, and slept like a log.
I catch the occasional 15-minute nap on the couch in the evenings after a hard day at work, but this was a full-blown deep sleep. I do believe I needed it. I don't really want to do it every day, but I think it would be beneficial to have a nap a week, don't you? I feel better and more rested than I have in a long time.
The perfect nap is on an overcast day in a cool room that allows me to be under covers. It happens when I don't have to limit it to a half an hour or so, but can rest until I'm rested. It's best if I'm not not in the midst of projects that I should be doing so I don't lay there and stew about things. It's hard to catch the perfect nap, but it's wonderful when I do.
R got busy and cleaned our workshop today (while I was napping). It is so much easier to get tools and hardware from the basement when we can find them. Our workbench is a clutter magnet and we're both guilty of contributing. He cleaned it up, threw out some stuff, and reorganized the shelves. It was awesome and he deserves a pat on the back for that one.
We watched "Alice in Wonderland" on DVD tonight. It was really well done although definitely not a kid's movie. Easily recognizable as a Tim Burton movie. It would have been kind of cool to see on the big screen, but we still enjoyed it.
Later tonight we took a walk, so now I'm ready to go to bed again. A good day.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Nap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment