Some people don't know how to have a day off and some do. I thought I'd sit around today and read magazines, drink tea, and soak up some sun. What I actually did was run some errands, get a haircut, find a dress for an upcoming wedding, and install four blackout shades in the guest room. I did read a magazine (Real Simple -- I find it soothing for some reason) while I drank tea and ate my salad at McD's for lunch. It rained off and on this morning and then it got really warm and crazy humid so sitting outside wasn't a relaxing idea.
Oh yes, I washed and dried our pillows too so now they're all nice and fluffy fresh. Man I rock.
Okay, not so much at relaxing, but I got some things done I'd been wanting to get done and it made me feel better.
I found an adorable dress today for $59 to wear to a summer wedding. I looked for shoes but didn't find any, then I remembered I have the perfect pair as long as I don't have to wear them too long. The dress fits now but it would be a challenge if I gain any weight in the next three weeks. So I guess I just won't. Easy, huh?
I think I got a good haircut, but I need to go through my usual routine tomorrow to see if it works. I told him to layer it up because it was just feeling heavy and flat. The high humidity today didn't help either, but I think it will work. I loves me a good haircut.
I'm watching Hoosiers now. I've not seen it before but you can't go wrong with Gene Hackman, right? I loved him in The Royal Tenenbaums.
We're heading off into random now, so I think it's time to close. Can't wait to try out my fresh, fluffy pillow tonight!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Vacation day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment