Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fatigue disease

I feel as if I've been tired for the past few decades.  I always feel that way when I'm really tired, as I am now.  I've had a cold and am not yet completely recovered -- so that wears me out.  R coughs when he goes to bed and keeps me up until he gives up and goes into the guest room -- so that wears me out.  Last night he fell asleep with the TV on and it woke me up -- so that wears me out.  My shoulders are locked in a permanent hunch and are in pain but I'm not sure why -- so that wears me out.  I have lots to do and no time/incentive/idea (on how) to do it -- so that wears me out.

Does it sound as if my life is spiraling out of control?  Don't say yes because that will just wear me out.  I think "spiraling out of control" is a little dramatic, but I've got too much going on in my head to be rational right now so I'm prone to exaggeration.  I have a mental tic that gets worse when I'm stressed and it's back.  I know it's dumb and I think it is an indication of an OCD, but I type what I'm thinking or what people are saying, in my head, when I'm stressed.  I've caught myself doing it lately, and shut it off when I remember.  Of course it toggles back on again when I'm not conscious of it.

On one hand, I believe it makes me a good typist and a good speller.  I'm constantly practicing...

On the other hand, it's freaking annoying and distracting.  It's hard to really listen and be in the moment when you're typing.  In your head.  Like a crazy person...

I also can get songs stuck in my head, or anything that I do too much (lately I've played way too much Angry Birds on my cell phone and ended up dreaming about firing them from the slingshot).  

Maybe that will be my resolution for 2011 -- learn how to be in the moment (and still not be crazy).  I can't think of anything that will help me more to be a better person, friend, employee than to be able to really listen and remember.  Now I just have to figure out how.  But since I'm already tired and am clearly suffering from fatigue disease, I'm not going to worry about it now.   I think the best action at this time is to relax and do nothing.....and a nap wouldn't hurt.

No comments: