Literally. I'm making myself sick. I am a huge stress internalizer, and it's affected my sleep, my digestion, and possibly the long-dormant chicken pox virus in my nervous system. Probably not, but possibly.
When I couldn't sleep last night, I decided the red, bumpy, itchy, burning rash that appeared on my right hand yesterday was shingles. And that would make perfect sense and be par for my particular course except that it's pretty much gone tonight so I guess it's not.
I've also had an occasional lump in my throat but I'm guessing it's because I'm clenching my jaw. I'll probably break a tooth next. I'm a person that bruises easily and I always have, but I had a couple little purple bruises appear on my hand and I have no idea why. Almost like I got poked with a pen. Add to that sleeping problems, dizziness, headaches, shoulder pain, carpal tunnel elbow(?) and hot flashes, and I'm just a delight right now.
In a little over a week we'll be staying in a nice hotel, shopping in the plaza, strolling through the art museum, and I'll recharge. We interviewed for the replacement for the position that I'm covering now, and had a couple of really excellent candidates. I expect a job offer will be extended to one of them any day so the end is in sight for me (after training the new person of course).
We haven't been good walkers this week because our walking buddy is out of town and yesterday R hurt his ankle running. I can't imagine what it must be like to have real pain, not psychologically induced or self-inflicted. It's really more efficient my way.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
I make me sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment