I think I've won biggest loser at bunco for three of the last four months. The prize is $5.00 so there is a benefit to losing, as long as you do it better than anyone else. The $5.00 covers our ante so I break even, although tonight my son and husband each gave me $5.00 to play so I came out way ahead.
Without their help and my husband paying me for any mini-buncos I get (three of a kind that are not buncos), I would never win anything. It's true, I rarely win, rarely bunco, and definitely don't win the top prizes. Why is that anyway? Bunco is a dice game and takes zero skill, yet the same people in our group get buncos and win and the same people (myself included) don't.
I thought about it tonight and wondered if there is a skill to throwing dice. I'll have to Google that. But probably it has more to do with karma or juju or whatever makes people have luck. I'm not a lucky person when it comes to any type of gambling, so it's good that I don't have that particular addiction. If I bought a million lottery tickets, and a single other ticket was sold, that person would be a millionaire and I would be a million dollars poorer. I'm not fatalistic, just realistic.
Still, bunco is fun and silly and a great time with friends, even while losing. Good thing, huh?
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Biggest loser
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment