Happy 2013! Thirteen has never had an unlucky connotation for me, as our old house address began with the number 13, we live on 13th street now, and my beautiful granddaughter was born on the 13th of the month. I'm no numerologist, so I'm sure there are other connections that I'm unable to draw right now. Oh wait, my first and middle names have 13 total letters combined and if my fingers counted it up correctly, my first, middle, maiden, and married names combined use 13 different letters of the alphabet. But I could be wrong on that one and I'm too tired to actually check.
Work is officially insane. I am now the interim bursar, until the search committee can find time to meet and interview me (and whoever else may have applied). To add to the crazy, I had 75 separate payments show up in the operating account from the VA yesterday which meant checking and recording the third party payments and updating the spreadsheet for approximately 70 students. It took me about four hours of non-stop work this afternoon and yes, it is Saturday. Thank goodness I live close to the office and can hop on over without a lot of trouble.
I'm stressing out a little but I'm trying to reign in the crabby. That works only part of the time, but it's better than nothing.
Okay, Christmas was pretty awesome. The kids and my hubs gave me an iPad which I adore. I'm only using a fraction of its potential, but don't mind taking some time to learn it and discover new things. I think people had a good time although I was beginning to get sick when the kids were here and was pretty darn sick before it was all over.
I missed my gathering with my own siblings which made me really sad. I had a lot of sad moments thinking about my Mom, especially on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. It didn't help that I felt just awful, but my brother sent a little video of slides my Dad took over holidays when we were little and it made me cry. I'm not a really big crier but boy howdy I've been crying up a storm lately. I told R that when Mom died I had just too much going on to take any time to let it sink in and grieve, and I believe it caught up with me on my winter break and during these emotional, holiday times. It's okay, I think it's good to work through it, but it did kind of catch me off guard.
R and I went out to a nice dinner last night to celebrate my interim appointment. It was so fun to have a nice dinner out, just the two of us. We even ordered a BOTTLE of wine which never happens with us unless we're with a group of people. It made me feel good to just take some time to connect with him. He's having to pick up so much slack around the house right now and he's not complaining a whit. So thankful.
See, it really is a lucky year. Lucky life.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Lucky 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment