Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stress dreamin'

Okay, here is the dream I had yesterday right before I woke up.  You tell me if it sounds like I'm a tad overwhelmed....

Our black pug was in the kitchen with our son's fawn pug.  The fawn pug bit the tail of the black pug, and although it looked like a playful little nip, the black pug began bleeding profusely and the fawn pug had a face covered with blood.  I, of course, had a mess to clean up in the kitchen.

We had a house full of people and the grandkids were playing outside.  Their play area was small and confined, and they were running around by a hot, green Weber grill.  I kept telling them to stay away from the hot grill but they kept forgetting and getting too close.  It's like they were playing tag and the grill was in the middle of the running area.

I went in the house and it appeared R had a stroke or some other kind of episode that left him slurring and off-kilter.  It also made him a challenge to reason with although I realized right away that he needed to go to the hospital.  He didn't disagree, but it was just hard to get him moving in the right direction.  Of course, it may have been the maddening way that dreams have of making even simple procedures difficult.

Anyway, I tried to get him going and my son decided to go along and drive us.  When he said he'd take us, R went straight to his car and I followed.  Unfortunately, the only way to the car was to walk a very long, suspended board over some sort of chasm or deep ditch.  The guys managed to walk the plank with no trouble, but I'm afraid of heights and clumsy and I got weak-kneed and scared.  The board was bouncing and I was trying to figure out how it was secured (it wasn't).  I sat down and tried to scoot along, but decided to just climb off.  The car was parked on the edge of a cliff and I climbed the rocks to get in the tiny little car, called a "Cube". It was about the size of kitchen stove, and the guys were in it waiting for me.  I got scared climbing the rocks and wasn't sure there was room for me in the cube car.....and then thank goodness I woke up.

I told R about my dream in the morning and he said "I'm no expert, but that sounds like a stress dream to me."  Work has been crazy and I've been stressed beyond even my normal stresses during enrollment, so it makes sense.  I ended up having a horrible day yesterday, on the verge of tears most of the day, but I slept well last night (medicated) and was able to get rid of my headache this morning (medicated again) so I had a really good day today.

But if you want to scare the bejeezus out of me, just force me to walk on a bouncing plank.

No comments: