Have you ever been secretly happy that something bad happened to someone and then felt awful that you thought that way? The karma issues alone are frightening, not to mention what a black heart does to your psyche. I had one of those days this week and I feel bad about it which is why I won't reveal the situation. It would be better for everyone involved if it resolves itself, and I truly hope it does. I'm not proud of my reaction on this one.....
....and yet.....there is a micron of "serves you right" hanging tough in there. Gad that's awful. Bad Mary. Bad juju.
This particular situation aside, R and I have a long and happy marriage and we have shared lots of stories. We have also shared countless observations that began "I wouldn't say this to anyone else, but what did you think of (fill in the blank)?" Yes, I have one person in this world that I can tell anything, no matter how awful it makes me appear. I know he won't tell anyone, and most of the time we're on the same page of a book we keep closed. We truly are not bad people, and sometimes it helps to bounce something or some news off someone else, just to get it aired.
We went looking at furniture today because we're toying with the idea of replacing our aging and sagging TV room furniture with something new. It might be a bit premature since we still have a pug that enjoys sitting on our sofa, but it would be fun to freshen up the room a little. I'm afraid it will then force me to paint, and the color in our TV room runs down our hall so a whole other can of worms becomes uncapped. Ugh.
We also saw a TV today that would bring us into this century but we can't reconcile the purchase when our very old, large, heavy, poor-def unit continues to work. Or more accurately, fails to die. The remote control is held together with painter's tape, but it still performs its duties. Our vision is such that we don't see that well anyway, so a clearer picture may not give us as much as it does someone 20 years younger. Then there is the issue of our entertainment center. We like it and it was designed for a TV like the dinosaur we watch now, not for the wide flat screens available to purchase. It also holds our stereo, DVD player, and (dare I admit it?) VCR. Where would I put all of those things and my albums? See what I mean? Can-o-worms.
R picked me up a mini-Blizzard tonight after dinner, so Spring is officially here. We should take a walk tonight so I can walk it off a little. That reminds me, I don't usually get charley horse pains in my legs, but last night after I rested on the couch, I had a whopper. I was actually hollering in pain. I couldn't move my toes to flex out the cramp, and when I could finally move past the pain and walk it off, I was left with a really sore calf. It hurt all night and much of the morning today. Now that's a charley horse.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Bad juju
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment