On my way home from work tonight, I passed a student on a cell phone. As she walked by me I heard, "I thought she made it to the trash can..." which reminded me of an idea for a great blog: overheard pieces of conversations. Unfortunately, the only snippet I have for that blog right now is the one I just wrote down. Maybe that's how it should work. Post a snippet when I hear it. Done.
Now, without checking, I'm pretty sure there is already something out there exactly like this. My lazy self is so convinced that it won't even check. My lazier self thinks if there isn't something like this, someone will take my idea and run with it, probably even better than I would. In fact, it's entirely possible I've written this all before but I'm not going to dig in the archives to find out. God I'm lazy.
Or maybe, I'm an idea generator. I'm not lazy, I am just the person who gets great ideas and throws them out for an ambitious individual to pick it up and run with it. You are welcome all you ambitious people.
Former ideas: put a paging button on the TV for when the remote is lost; add an outlet to those scented plug-ins so they aren't hogging an outlet (they got smart and copied this one); dark chocolate replacing milk chocolate in everything; and others too numerous to mention and that crossed my mind too long ago to remember.
While I'm at it, here is my wisdom for the day:
Every day, I try to learn a tiny bit more about my new job than I knew the day before. Some days, the new knowledge is the size of a meatball. Some days, it's the size of a molecule. Every day, it's measurable. And every day, a celebratory glass of wine is in order, in inverse proportions.
And now that my wine is gone, it's time for dark chocolate.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Overheard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment