Plumbing issues suck but repairs are beyond necessary. Plumbers are here today to fix the broken flange and replace the toilet with one we picked out that is just a little taller to help hubs get on and off easier. They left to get a special tool (makes me very nervous) but the bottom line is the job definitely called for professionals.
I was able to putter in the yard this week and cleaned out the east flower beds. Not a huge task but satisfying to look out the kitchen window and see plants popping up through fresh mulch. I watered the grass hoping it would bring rain and it did. We’ve had about an inch since last night which was badly needed.
Worked yesterday and finally accomplished a few things that are nearly ready to cross off the list. Thursdays are getting harder for me to look forward to which is probably a sign I should be done. I did ask to go to half day a week once I’m finished with the few things that are nearly ready to cross off, so that will probably help. I have wondered why I’m still going in but the answer is multifaceted and complex. I loved what I did and I really cared for the people I worked with. I am very fond of my replacement and want her to succeed (and surpass). My job was the only one of its kind on campus, as it is most campuses, and unless you have done it you don’t know it at all. I just couldn’t throw my replacement and the University to the wolves. But it’s two years since I retired from full time and a year and a half since I retired from half time. I should be done but there is always more to do and to teach. Plus the money is nice and it keeps my brain on task.
We’re starting to plan our little road trip for after R retires. We are so dang low key! Still it should be fun and will take us to new places. We even limited each day’s driving to around 5 hours so we don’t end up at each other’s throats. Six hours is our max.
Plumbers have returned so off for now…
No comments:
Post a Comment