The last day I ran was Saturday morning. I ran 1.5 miles, but I haven't run since. I walked today and yesterday though, and Sunday R and I walked around cemetaries looking for graves, but, understandably, the pace was pretty slow there....
I had been running on those mornings when I woke up before my usual walking time. Last week, my walking partner was out of town so I didn't wake up early but just ran and/or walked at my normal walking time. I think by sleeping in I moved my usual wake-up time back about 15 minutes to half an hour which eliminates my running time. How do I get back on track?
I don't really want to set the alarm earlier, but I want to get up in time to run. This morning I woke up just 15 minutes before I usually get up, and I thought later I could have run around the park rather than my usual route just to run a little. R used to say even a bad run is better than no run at all. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
Enough about running possibilities. It's boring!
I did buy myself a wristband that is reflective and can hold contact information and a key. I was worried that I would trip and fall on a run, hit my head, and would end up a Jane Doe at the hospital. Who knows when R would notice me missing? He leaves for work not long after I get home so he would probably assume I was just taking a little longer if I didn't show up. Work would probably call to see where I was, unless it was a Friday when I don't work. Or a weekend day.
I also bought some neat socks that are comfy and are supposed to keep feet dry(er). I think they're really soft too. And cute with their blue, pink, and gray bands across the top.
And I bought a new pair of crop pants to run in. I find them really comfy and not too clingy.
I could get into running as long as there are cool things to buy! Next purchase: shoes!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Get back on track
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment