Okay, I've talked about my gray hair and how I like it. It's healthy, thick, and a pretty shade. That's been established.
Last week I went on a job interview and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm thinking it's a no go. On paper it sounded like the perfect job for me and I thought I was the perfect employee for it. The interview went really well, but later on I began to wonder if they were thinking I'm too old based on how I look. I really don't look that old except my hair is gray but who knows what goes through people's minds. Or what they consider old. I dress young, wear my hair in a fashionable cut, have young glasses, etc. But I'll be 50 in 10 days.
ANYway, I got down on myself today after I didn't hear anything about the job. I usually don't do that, but I've still got a couple of nasty canker sores and I'm feeling kind of (very) miserable. Work has been a little stressful and I had begun telling myself it would be good to get out of there. I know I was counting my chickens a little early, but that can't be helped.
R got home before me tonight and met me at the door with a glass of my favorite white zin and offered to make me my ultimate comfort supper: scrambled eggs and hash browns. He also made me a plate of cheese and crackers while I was waiting. Then he told me that it could be that my interview was simply a formality. It could be they had someone in mind to hire before they even met me but regulations for their grants (funding) required them to interview others before reaching a final decision. He was sure it had nothing to do with my skills, age, hair, or personality. I must say, that was an absolutely brilliant insight I hadn't thought of.
Who cares if it's not true? I'm going with it unless you can prove otherwise. And please don't prove otherwise. That would just be mean.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Feeling blue (haired)
Posted by Mary at 7:37 PM
Tags: age, canker sore, early, hair, health, interview, personality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment