Can't help it, I'm a list maker. I don't think I'm textbook anal retentive, but everyone who knows me knows I definitely lean that way. I decided today to "take it easy" which means I still have to get my regular stuff done (husband's bookwork, clients' bookwork, home bookwork, errands) but I could also take some time to do what I want.
After paying bills, it was pretty clear shopping wasn't going to be on the agenda. I stripped our bed and put on flannel sheets along with my beloved electric blanket (it was one of my all-time favorite presents from my husband). I've started the laundry and spent a crazy amount of time scrubbing the kitchen floor. It hadn't been touched since we had a house full of people two weeks ago and it was dis-gust-ing. Plus the dogs had tracked in mud with all the rain this week.
I also cut my hair which I decided I could do almost as well as my hairdresser, at least until it needs an all-over cut. I really like my hairdresser as a person, but I only like my hair about every other time she cuts it. I know what I want but I'm kind of incapable of relating that to her. I don't speak hair. It helps that my hair is thick and hides whatever oddities I cut into it when I'm holding a mirror and cutting while viewing a backwards reflection in the medicine cabinet mirror.
I put a roast and potatoes in the crock pot for supper and then found out I was missing most of the ingredients I usually use for seasoning. Since I despise going to the grocery store, I improvised. Hope it's okay, but I think it may be spectacular. And of course I have no idea what I did because I just took stuff from the spice cabinet and shook. But dang it smells good.
I treated myself to a shower today in R's newly remodeled bathroom. Truth is I could use it all the time but I forget about it. The shower is large and lovely but once you step out the bathroom is tiny. It's still nice though, and I should remember to use it more often.
So my day has been pretty low key. That's okay because that's what I had in mind, and after being busy all of the time over the past several months, I have to kind of relearn how to relax or at the very least go slow. R will be home in a couple of hours, so I should think up something to bake for dessert. Or maybe some bread. I need to look at cookbooks and get inspired. But not inspired enough to go to the grocery store. God forbid.
Friday, October 19, 2007
List maker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment