I pulled into my parking place at work today and was kind of staring ahead, listening to the radio, when I saw a leaf detach and fall from one of the scrub trees in front of me. It wasn't windy, so the leaf wasn't forced from the tree as often happens on fall days. The leaf just.....fell. I thought about it and thought about how it had been hanging there since Spring and here I was, witnessing it's last gasp. Or grasp.
So I decided to see if I could see another one fall, all on its own. There were a lot of scrub trees and lots of leaves and actually a lot of leaves falling. The trick was to be looking at one at the moment it detached. Try it, it's harder than it sounds! Anyway, I managed to catch a second one falling and this time, it was weird. It kind of leaped off of the tree. Geronimo! You would think on a still morning it would just fall straight down. But this one decided to end its days with flair. I was impressed.
But then I had to go into work. And I didn't leap out of the car.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Fall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment