Two nights ago (I think it was Halloween night) I had one of those really real, really weird dreams that leave you remembering every detail.
In it, I was at Rep. Nancy Boyda's house (Dem.-KS) and we were in her back yard. I was there with a few friends and we were at the very back of her property, just next to a small stream or creek that ran along her back border. The edges of the property sloped down sharply to the stream and there were rocks along the slope. Pretty good sized ones, about the size of a basketball.
Along the upper edge of the slope was a metal fence, probably for safety reasons or maybe to mark the edge of the property. It was a sturdy metal fence, not chain link. There were some scrub trees along the fence line too, but not where we were.
Nancy decided she wanted a smoother path to the water, so we were digging up the ground and throwing the soil down on the rocks. The soil was really loamy, not like most of the soils around here which are pretty clay, and that made it easy to dig. We were all digging and before we knew it, we'd dug up the fence and had to set it aside. We slid down the newly smooth banks of the stream and found that it really was easier to get down.
But then her husband pulled into the driveway. Nancy said we needed to cover up what we did because the fence was actually put there by the EPA or maybe the Erosion Control Board and shouldn't be removed. We all scrambled back up the stream's bank which was difficult now because we had made it too smooth with the soil. It would have been easier to navigate if we just had the rocks. We got up the slope, with a lot of effort, just in time to prop the fence in place. Her husband came out of the garage which was just next to where we were working. I was very concerned that he was going to go to the propped up fence and lean on it which would send him tumbling into the water, and expose us for the fence removers that we were.
And then I woke up.
Now I don't know Nancy Boyda, have never met her or her husband, and have no idea where they live. But I was pretty concerned about getting in trouble with the EPA. I did, however, think digging in the loamy soil was pretty cool.
Weird.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Weirdness abounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just browsing. You have a very interesting blog.
Post a Comment