Monday, February 18, 2008

Full (almost) moon

The moon is 95% full now, so the werewolf in me is growling. I've noticed my moods lately tie to the moon phases, or maybe it's just the damn snow that keeps dumping on us. Either way, I am annoyed. Again.

I woke up with a backache which was unusual for me. I don't get backaches. It felt like I either slept on it wrong (probably) or my mattress needs replacing (definitely) or maybe I wrenched it (doubtful, but I did shovel more damn snow yesterday). Or maybe the moon is doing it.

I knew I was cranky this morning so I told myself to put that aside and just go to work and not be pissy. Unfortunately, everyone else at work did not get the memo. I was almost immediately pissed off at the usual suspects but I managed to get through the day without physically or verbally abusing anyone (at least within earshot).

I did make a delicious pizza when I got home which is a good mood improver. And I took a hot bath tonight which is a good back improver. And with some elbow grease and some Oxyclean, I managed to get the tea stain out of my favorite pink Nike running top. My daughter would be proud. Now the damn snow needs to melt so I can run.

I'm noticing a theme here. I believe it's "Damn Snow." When I awoke to more inches of the stuff yesterday morning, I think my exact words were, "Damn it!" then "Crap!" followed by "Stupid snow!" It's just ridiculous to be angry at the weather, but I can't help it. I'm feeling a little ridiculous.

We head to Iowa next weekend for a family wedding. Should be fun. I'm looking forward to a good mattress and a good night's sleep. Dang! I should have reserved the room with the jacuzzi.

That's it. Tomorrow will be better, and it's one day closer to clear streets and walking outdoors again.

No comments: