If you're superstitious, I've had a boat load of omens this week. Or at least I've been looking for and consequently finding them since I scheduled my second job interview. Let's recap:
1. When I had the first interview, the moon was nearly full. (Disclaimer: while I like a full moon, it may have actually brought out the werewolf in me a little -- see earlier post titled Melt DOWN)
2. Wednesday, on my morning walk, I saw my beloved owl. It actually flew across the road in front of me. Awesome!
3. Also on Wednesday during my morning walk, I found a quarter on the street. It was almost unrecognizable as a quarter because it had been run over so much it was actually bent and cracked on one edge. But it was a quarter.
4. Then today on my morning walk, I found a penny. Now that's dang lucky and you know it.
5. When I got home, I began to wonder about the date on the penny. I had a strange feeling it would be something significant, and in my mind I clearly saw 1976. I don't know why I thought that and don't know really why it would be significant in any way except that it's when R and I graduated from high school. So I got my glasses and looked closely. The penny had been run over and was pretty scuffed, but I could just make out the date. It was 197.....6? 8? 5? Hard to tell. I'm going with 1976 because it's my premonition and I'm sticking with it.
6. For the past week or two, I read my horoscope on every home page and in every newspaper I have available to me. All were good and many were even were pointing to me making a change. Except one of today's said I would be difficult to get along with today. They should have printed that one last Thursday.
So today I took an early lunch and had my interview. I tried to look invisible as I walked from my car to the front door of the place in full view of the front windows of my current employer. This interview went well too but they're going to be doing a few more next week so I'm not going to get too nuts yet. But I'll let you in on a little secret -- before I went to work today I opened the seamed up pocket on my suit jacket and put the penny and quarter into it for good luck.
Couldn't hurt. Might help.
Didn't sleep well last night. I was stewing about the interview and a really difficult day at work. The two mean secretaries forced the two nice secretaries to remove the flowers they received for Administrative Assistants Day because they hate lilies (too aromatic). The small bouquets each of them received featured a lily as the centerpiece and they were told to either cut out the lily or put the flowers in another room. It made me so angry that they spoiled their day that I had to shut the door to my office all afternoon so I didn't hear anything else. I was afraid of what I would say. I am getting tired of being the office underdog champion, especially when management makes excuses for the bad behavior. An almost direct quote: "I know they can be abrasive, and also steal and lie, but at least they get their work done," which is akin to "I know they murdered small children and ate their livers, but at least they cleaned up the mess." Oh right, I see your point.
I'll sleep well tonight. My conscience is clear.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Omen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck! God I know what it's like to sit and wait around for a job offer. I hope you get it and I hope it's what you want!
Thanks -- I hope if I get it it's a good move for me. Lately though, ANY move out of my office would be a good one!
Post a Comment