We had a great day. Saturdays in the springtime are unbeatable really. It wasn't quite as warm as we would have liked, but we did the MS walk, and probably did nearly 6 miles. The temperature for that was perfect. Then we had lunch, took a little nap, I cut R's hair, and we drove to a nearby town for some plant shopping. Just goofed off really. All good stuff.
We still need to clean house and I need to pot up a few things. The flowers this spring are in their glory since they all bit it in last year's hard freezes. I don't think the flowering trees could be any more spectacular. Even though it was a long time coming, this is a spring for the books.
I've been working on the baby afghan for the coming grandson. He's due in July which means I have less than three months to finish. I'm under orders (self-imposed) to complete at least two rows a night. Looks like I might make it if my carpal tunnel doesn't get the best of me. I've got a little mouse finger right now too, so I may have to switch my mouse buttons again for a few days. That usually takes care of it. Stupid old joints!
I hope it's a tad warmer tomorrow so I can be outside again, but it wouldn't be terrible to take care of some inside tasks. Need to do laundry, a bit of cleaning, and stuff like that. I should also cook something or bake something but we'll see how that goes. It's raining a little now so it may be too wet to do much outside anyway.
I'm going to put my feet up and read the new Time magazine. I must say, it's become so skinny and skimpy, I really don't think it's worth the annual cost any more. But it's the only magazine we get, and I feel I need something to take the headlines into a bit more depth. Maybe if I read it in the tub....
Check out the new moon phases thingy I put on my blog. I love knowing where the moon is in its cycle. And the new photo of my favorite indoor view.
That's all I got.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Spent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment