Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sick but efficient

Today I think I finally got the bug, so I started the day drinking tea, tea, and more tea. I added brown sugar crystals (they're awesome but hard to find) to sweeten and help coat my throat. I've been sucking on Hall's. I've been drinking water. I fixed myself a hot toddy. But I still feel like it's coming and it's going to be nasty.

Since it's the last weekend before I head back to work, I had a few things to finish up, sick or not. I've been putting the house back in order after removing the Christmas items, and I had a drawing I did years ago reframed. We picked it up today and it looks awesome. I think a good framing makes any drawing look good, but this one looks so much better now.

I finally moved my winter clothes into my drawers and closet, and moved out the summer clothes. I know. It's January. It's ridiculous. But I was able to sort, toss, and set aside for charity and that takes time. This week I went out and bought new underwear and bras and threw away all of the ones that I don't wear or that are wearing out. I also threw out yellowed, stretched out camisoles and pajamas that I don't wear. If I avoided wearing it, it was removed. I was ruthless. I also resorted and organized my drawers. It's a pleasure to get clothes out in the morning when you can find them isn't it?

Earlier today a friend gave me a sack of clothes that didn't fit her. I tried them on and decided none of them improved anything. They all went back into the sack. My new rule for buying clothes is that it must look good and do something for me or I don't buy it. Got that you designers?

I took it easy tonight by laying on the couch and watching "Good Will Hunting" for maybe the millionth time. I started watching it on Bravo but the dubbing was annoying so I stuck in our DVD to finish it. I love that movie. It's a hot toddy for my brain.

Oh, and I've had a canker sore all week. It feels like it's in the final stage, so maybe tomorrow I'll be able to eat normally. And by normally, I mean with my mouth closed.

Okay, that should do it. I've done a lot for the new year, but I've got some healing to do. I'm going to sleep in tomorrow too I think.

No comments: