I'm still trying to digest the fast Mcfood that I had for my very late supper. That's why I'm not going to bed just yet. I worked until about 9:00 p.m. and inhaled my dinner when R got home with it, just minutes after I got home. I think I tasted it a little too.
I survived what I knew was going to be a long night's work. I also learned that when I run the online portion, I can go get dinner and come back. It took 51 minutes and I spent all of those watching the damn thing run. It felt like dial up. I couldn't even do e-mail or surf the net because I was afraid of interfering with the program. I was even more afraid that I would inadvertently close the browser and cancel or screw up the entire process. THAT would not be cool.
I must admit that I broke my "No F-bombs at work rule" that I put into effect when I started my new job. I was getting frustrated because it was crazy busy and I knew I would be working late and I took only half my lunch and my boss was not as on task as I would have liked. Before I knew it, I spewed something when I was griping to a co-worker. She laughed but I apologized. She said she says it all of the time (I doubt it) and I told her that one of my fears when I took this job was going from working in a law office where F-bombs and the like are SOP to a public institution where I am actually evaluated on my behavior.
Let's put it in perspective. I've worked here for 5 months. This was the busiest day I've had. I didn't say it to my boss or in a meeting. I didn't say it to a student. I think I did pretty well. In fact, in the scheme of things when you take my personality and inherited need and/or ability to swear into account, I positively rock.
Kudos to me.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Time to digest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment