Okay, weird dream time. Please don't analyze because I am horrible at that and I'm sure I'll end up embarrassed because it will be so obvious.
I have a darling sister-in-law who lives in Wisconsin. She was married to my brother who passed away almost six years ago. In my dream, she found an amazing yellow diamond that was really huge and was estimated to be worth something like $3.4 million. It was a rough stone (it wasn't cut) but instead of being chunky, it was rounded smooth on the edges like a river rock.
We were happy for her windfall. Unfortunately she gave it to my daughter to play with. My daughter was probably in about 6th grade age-wise, whatever age that is, and she had it for a couple of days. When my sister-in-law asked for it back, I was worried my daughter had lost it. It turned out she hadn't lost it, but she had played with it and a chunk broke off. (Of a diamond? Really?) She and her friends had decided to test its strength and I'm not sure what they did (I think they stacked heavy stuff on it) but they broke off a piece. And lost the piece.
The damage had reduced the value of the yellow diamond to about half. I was mortified. But I kept trying to wrap my head around why my sister-in-law whom I dearly love would allow my young daughter to play with such a valuable item. I was glad it wasn't lost, I was upset that it was broken, and I was stymied by my sister-in-law's poor judgment.
When my alarm went off, it took a while to shake out the cobwebs. When I realized there was no broken yellow diamond worth a paltry $1.7 million, I was SO relieved.
Dreams are weird.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Dreaming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment